Anthropologie Inspired: Animal Push Pins

This post is part of our Anthro Love Blog Series -- where we are spending February sharing some Love for Anthro by creating our own DIY Versions of some great products. If you'd like to see all of the posts from this series, go here.

Mike & I are working on a project for our Entry that has been in the back of our minds for a long time, and I can't wait to show it you. (UPDATE: Go here to see how we used the Animal Push Pins)

However, for now, I'll just share these fun little animal push pins which will be part of that bigger DIY project.

These Arctic Animal Push Pins are no longer for sale on Anthropologie, but I believe they were retailing for about $12. Not terribly pricey, but it only included 5 push pins -- if I started purchasing large quantities that could get expensive quickly.

I found these toy animals at Seek and Find Treasures in Louisville. I got 2 bags of animals at $1.50 each and then got to work on this simple Knock-Off.


They each received a couple coats of Flat White spray paint.


They were looking much better, but I added a coat of Gloss Clear spray paint to give them a "shiny-ness" like the Ceramic Push Pins from Anthropologie. 
 
I used E-6000 Craft Adhesive to attach a plain Metal Thumb Tack to the back of each animal.



Aren't they cute and fun? I know my little boy is going to love them too.


Plastic Animals - thrifted, $3
Thumbtacks - already owned (similar here)
Spray paint - already owned
Gloss paint - Amazon, $6
TOTAL = $9

P.S. Erica will be back on Thursday with more Anthro Love!

Linking up to the Get Your DIY On, Inspiration Gallery, Dog Days of Winter, If it's Not Baroque and these great parties:
Home Stories A2ZHouseofHepworthsshabby creek cottageLiz Marie Blog It's Overflowing SNAP! TDC Before and After

Labels: , , , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "