I love IKEA but unfortunately there is not one close to me so I usually only go once or twice a year. Because my IKEA trips are not frequent, I like to prepare before going. Today I'm going to share 10 tips and tricks on how to shop at IKEA.
1. Check out the specials at your local IKEA store to see what deals and events will be going on while you are there.
*Click on "offers" and "see more offers at your local IKEA store"
2. Check out the new products on the IKEA website to get a feel for what new items have been added since you last visited the store.
*Search NEW in the search box at the top of the page
3. Check out the seasonal and/or holiday items that are currently in store.
*Under the departments tab, select "summer" (or another season/holiday)
4. Browse the IKEA website and make an online shopping list. Make notes indicating the quantity, color, and size needed of each item.
*Click "my shopping list" at the top and then "create" to make a new list
5. Check to make sure the items you want are in stock at your local store.
*Select your store from the drop down and click OK
6. Print your shopping list and email it to yourself. (I recommend having a printed list since IKEA can sometimes be a dead zone for cell phones)
*While in your shopping list, click print or e-mail at the top
7. Give yourself plenty of time to shop especially if it is your first trip to IKEA.
8. While exploring the showroom, write down any items you find you like that weren't already on your list. Use the measuring tapes at the store to double check measurements on any items you are interested in.
9. Check out the last chance items at the store as well as the "as-is" section to find great bargains! These items are usually located at the front of the store near the check-outs.
10. Most all, have fun! IKEA is an experience and whether you are just browsing or going on a shopping spree, it's a fun place to explore and get ideas on how to organize and decorate your home.
Have you been to IKEA recently? Do you have any tips or tricks that worked for you? If so, share them in the comment section below!
Note: Lora and I will be taking a mini spring break from blogging on Thursday and Friday as we are taking a trip to IKEA ourselves! Be sure to follow us on Twitter to keep up with our adventures.