A Simple Tip // Dollar Store Food Tray or Drawer Organizer?

I love to re-purpose items for organization. If you saw my post on Monday, you know I've already been chatting about that topic this week. Here is another affordable option for storage, that you can find at your local dollar store.


Mike and I were shopping in the dollar store for some Vacation Bible School supplies and I came across this clear tray.



We found it in the food serving area along with other clear, plastic serving trays, plates and cups. Here's the label for a little more detail:


We had just gotten our new vanity installed and I thought it might sit inside the drawer. I wasn't 100% sure on the measurements; but for $1, I took the chance. Also, if it didn't work in those drawers, it could surely work somewhere else in our home.


It fit easily, and I started with Mike's drawer, loading it up with some of his toiletries. At this point, I was pretty pleased with this inexpensive solution; but knew that I'd lose a little space since the drawer was deep and the tray was shallow. Then it occurred to me...


... it fits perfectly across the frame of the drawer! We can still open and close them, as well as store larger, less used items, below it.


Obviously, solutions like this will depend on your home, your specific drawers/cabinets and your storage needs. However, if you are in the serving aisle at the Dollar Store, you might just be able to find the perfect, inexpensive storage item! Don't limit yourself to the basket and bin aisle :)


Have you ever come across any unexpected storage at the dollar store? What was it?

If you enjoyed this post, we would love for you to subscribe to our email list.


Linked to: I Heart Organizing,

Labels: , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "