Painting a Room White // 10 Beautiful White Bathrooms

White rooms have been a huge trend over the last several years. It took me awhile to warm up to the idea and it wasn't until our bathroom renovation that we actually painted a room white.


I wanted our bathroom to feel warm and bright. There is only one small window in the room, so I knew white paint could definitely aid in brightening the space.


Even though I'd seen so many beautiful white rooms online -- I kept asking myself "Would white walls make it feel cold or sterile?" When I originally suggested white walls to Mike, he was skeptical as well.

Pinterest can be a time-suck and feel like a never-ending to do list... but when it comes to visualizing a possible change in my home, I find it so helpful. Here are some beautiful bathrooms that helped me feel confident about choosing white paint -- along with the details that kept the space feeling warm, welcoming and unique.

clockwise from top-left: blonde wood // antique wood furniture // varied wood tones
bold tile // bold stripes

clockwise from top-left: small grey tile // large grey tile // grey tile and grey bathtub

green and white // navy and white

Each of these rooms feel bright, warm and inviting -- even though they are white. I incorporated each of these concepts in our bath makeover.


So which white paint did we choose? Anyone who has shopped for a white paint knows there are so many choices. I wanted a pretty "true" white with little undertones. We brought home a handful of paint samples, hung them on the wall for several days and narrowed them down until we agreed on Delicate White by Porter Paint


This was the first time I had used Porter Paint and I was incredibly pleased. I never really understood how paints could be that different. However, since painting the bathroom I haven't used any other brand of paint. We used the Hi-Hide Interior Latex Paint and it goes on smooth and quick with great coverage.

If you are interested in seeing some more lovely bathrooms, check out our Pinterest board.


If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to our email list and get every post delivered right to your inbox.


Labels: ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "