For my son’s 1st Halloween we decided to go with
the traditional pumpkin costume. Here he is, looking cute, and hanging out in
the pumpkin patch.
For Halloween #2, we decided to get a little more creative
and expand beyond the iconic Halloween costumes. I have been calling him “Bug”
for a while now… I’m not really sure why I started calling him that… or when it
started exactly… but anyhow – it’s Mommy’s nickname for him right now.
I headed to Etsy & Pinterest for some Inspiration, but
found that Bug costumes tend to be a little girly - Ladybug
, Bumble Bee
costumes were more gender neutral and I considered that option, but I also knew if he
was any of those, we’d be calling him a “Caterpillar” or a “Bee” instead of just a Bug.
So I built myself an inspiration board for a Baby Bug Costume
on Polyvore -- playing with stripes and polka dots.
My husband and I both agreed on the spots, and off we “flew” to get our little Bug’s costume together.
I was more than pleased with the final result, and it was so
easy to DIY! Hope you like it!
Antennae – Silver Pipe Cleaners + Blue Pom-Poms + Glue Dots
Bug Eyes – Styrofoam Ball + Adhesive Felt + Googly Eyes
Body – Hoodie + Adhesive Felt
Labels: DIY, Halloween