A Statement Chair with One Kings Lane



Do you own a statement chair?

Recently, One Kings Lane asked if we could share about a statement chair in our home -- that also represents our personal style.

I instantly gravatated towards sharing about this beauty. You've already seen it in my newly organized office, our old living room and even at the kitchen table for Thanksgiving.


I picked up this chair at a yard sale for $5. It was covered in a floral brocade fabric that had been worn, stained and ripped; but I loved the curvy lines of this chair. {I wish I had a before photo, but that was before my blogging days!}

One Kings Lane offers a huge collection of home decor items and I especially love how their sales are curated by style, color or feel. They offer a Home Decor Resource Guide if you are trying to hone it on what your style actually is, or trying to understand the history behind a chair or sofa, before you purchase it.

My office chair has roots in the William and Mary Style. Interestingly, this style was a transition point in which comfort and aesthetics became the goal in design. The furniture from this period became simpler, but still attractive -- with the most famous chair dating from that period being the winged, upholstered easy chair.


That little bit of info was so fascinating to me because the reason I love this statement chair is for it's classic look and incredible comfort. I'm writing this post -- sitting in this chair -- which is roomy enough for me to curl up my legs in the seat of the chair while I type.

It's not a typical desk chair. But, that is what a statement chair is, right? I feel like I can place it in any room in our home, and it adds interest to that space.


Since we upholstered it in a simple, neutral fabric it easily blends in with any color palette in our home by just adding a pillow or throw. So, even though it may have a traditional style, it still feels modern and fresh.

A blend of old and new is the easiest way for me to describe my personal style. I love to mix styles -- it keeps me interested and excited about decorating my home.

What is your style? Do you have a statement chair in your home?


If you enjoyed this post, we would love for you to subscribe to our email list.


Labels: ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "