My Colorful, Organized Laundry Room

How is everyone doing with organizing their laundry rooms?  If you missed Lora's post from yesterday, go check it out here, it's full of great ideas!  Today I'm going to share how I've organized my small laundry area.  Here is what it looks like:


To keep items organized, I use an IKEA white metal shelf (similar) and baskets from Target (similar). To add decoration to the white walls, I created WASH letters in a faux-metal look using paper mache letters and silver metallic spray paint.


Here is a close-up of the baskets used to organize items on the shelves.  I have one basket labeled "Wash & Dry" which includes stain removers and dryer sheets.  The next basket is labeled "Cleaning" and holds bleach and other household cleaning supplies. The last basket is labeled "Iron" and it holds both the iron as well as spray products like Febreze.


There are some DIY art projects displayed on the shelves to add some color and fun to the room.


The picture on the top shelf is of the Louisville skyline - some girlfriends and I made them at a local paint spot.  I love vintage glass items so a glass bowl holds extra scoops for soap powder, etc and a cute little green elephant.  

On the second shelf, there is a watercolor print that I recently made and a yellow egg crate (similar) holds vintage spools of thread. On the third shelf, there is a gold picture frame (which used to be brown) the picture and frame were given to me by a sweet friend. I also have a vintage green jar that Lora used in her wedding. The bottom shelf holds the cleaning basket and my soap powder jar (more on that here).

Above the washer and dryer, I use the wire shelf to hold extra paint, a mop bucket, and a wire basket that holds light bulbs, tablecloths, and extra napkins and paper towels.  I also use the shelf to hang up my hanging ironing board also from IKEA.  My broom and mop are on the side of dryer, leaning against the wall. I also use the edge of the wire IKEA shelf to hold my aprons.



What do you think?  I love how bright and colorful the space is-especially with my green scallop rug from Urban Outfitters and all the blue, green, and yellow elements.


I can't wait to see what everyone else is working on this week in their laundry rooms. Feel free to share in the comments below or on our Facebook page.  Lora will be back later this week to share more details on her space.  Have a wonderful day!


If you enjoyed this post, we would love for you to subscribe to our email list!

 photo SubscribeSign_zpse6f815a6.png

Labels: , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "