Spring Spruce Up: Painted Tray

I have an IKEA Raskog cart in my home and I love it! It's marketed as a kitchen cart but it can be used in many areas of your home. I actually use mine in my bathroom to hold towels, my hair dryer, and other items.  It keeps the items I use daily organized and easily accessible.
Via www.ikea.com
A few months ago I purchased this aqua rectangle tray from the $1 spot at Target.  I use it to keep my contacts and glasses organized.
The tray works great for organization but it blends in with the aqua color of the cart. So...I decided to give it a spring makeover!

I started by painting the tray using Acrylic Paint in Pink Melon (similar). It took 3 coats, and I probably could have done more, but I liked the rough finish. Later I may add a clear glossy coat on top to give it a shinier look.


After painting the tray, I decided to add more color by using shelf liner paper that I purchased in an Aqua Chevron print. I found mine on clearance at Meijer but you can find the same brand paper on Amazon, here

I used the grid on the back of the paper to measure and cut the paper to fit the inside of the tray. Next, I carefully pealed off the back of the paper and slowly smoothed the adhesive across the surface to minimize creating any bubbles in the paper. 



I love the finished look! Check out the before and after---a huge difference! 




I love the way it really pops and adds color to the room.  It definitely makes getting ready more cheerful!
To see more of my bathroom decor and organization tips, check out these previous posts: 
For more spring spruce-up ideas go here, or check out these posts:


How have you added cheerful details to your home?

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.


Subscribe to our blog posts via RSS Feed or Email.



Linking up to--Monday: I Gotta Try That, Made by you MondayMarket Yourself MondayMonday FundayRain on a Tin RoofSerendipity and SpiceSew ChattySweet Sharing MondayThe Scoop Linky Party Tuesday: A Bowl Full of Lemons, Domestically SpeakingGet Your Craft on TuesdayNot Just a HousewifePrimpSweet Little GalsThe Blackberry VineThe DIY DreamerTime to Sparkle TuesdayToo Cute Tuesday Wednesday: Beyond the Picket FenceGinger Snap CraftsI Gotta Create!My Girlish WhimsSouthern LovelySugar & DotsThe 36th AvenueThe Life of Jennifer DawnWhatever Goes Wednesday Thursday: A Little Knick KnackCatch a Glimpse ThursdayChic & Crafty Thursdays, Domestic SuperheroMy Repurposed LifeDesigned DecorHouse of Hepworths, Inspire Me Please Linky PartyLive Laugh LinkySimply Create Linky Party, So You Think You're CraftyThe Crafty Blog StalkerThe Inspiration Gallery, The Jenny EvolutionThe Shabby Creek CottageThe Weekly CreativeThrifty Decor ChickThrifty to Nifty Thursdays Friday: A Night OwlFamily Ever AfterFinding FabulousFingerprints on the FridgeFunky Junk's Party JunkPin Me Linky PartyPractically FunctionalTater Tots & JelloThe Shabby Nest  Saturday: Cheerios and LattesIt's OverflowingShow & Tell SaturdayStrut your Stuff Saturday  Sunday: A Blossoming LifeCraft-O-ManiacDIY Show OffFinding Silver PenniesI Heart Naptime,  It's So Very CheriThe Sunday Showcase PartyThink Pink Sundays

Labels: , , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "