A Split Pea Wreath for the Porch

Isn't Pinterest just so much fun; but so overwhelming, too? I think there might be 8 Million different DIY Wreath ideas on Pinterest. Maybe a few less. But, hey, who's counting?



I needed some small wreaths for my front porch; to hang on these guys:



No, they didn't stay brown. They got a new coat of paint the same day that I painted my planters and the yellow nightstand.


While perusing Pinterest's vast array of DIY Wreaths, I found a gorgeous Split Pea Wreath (with tutorial!) from Love of Family and Home. I wouldn't have thought to make a wreath from peas, but it seemed easy enough -- and cheap!

Supplies



Visit Love of Family and Home for the full tutorial; but here are a few tips that I learned through the process:


I've read that it might fade. But, for a few bucks and several easy steps, I'm ok with it lasting one season. After all, I'll probably want to try one of Pinterest's other 8 Million wreaths next summer, right?


Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.


Subscribe to our blog posts via RSS Feed , Bloglovin’ or Email.

Places I Link Up:  Thrifty Decor Chick,
Sunday- Silver Pennies Sunday, Frugal Crafty Home, Craft-o-Maniac Monday, That DIY Party, Sundae Scoop Link Party, The Sunday Showcase, Think Pink Sundays,

Monday- Give Me the Goods Monday, Monday Funday, Tutorials & Tips Link Party, Made with Love Link Up, Sweet Sharing Monday,
Make it Pretty Monday,
Tuesday- Get Your Craft On, Show Me What Ya Got, From Dream to Reality,
Sparkle Link Party, One Project at a Time,
Wednesday- Primp Your StuffWildly Original Link Party, Show & Tell, A Little Bird Told Me Link Party
, First Home Love Life,
Thursday- Transformation Thursday, Hooking Up with House of Hepworths, Link Love Thursday, The Inspiration Gallery, Inspire Me Please
Friday-
Remodelaholic,
Saturday- Share Your Creativity, Show and Tell,

Labels: , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "