HELP NEEDED! Paint and Fabric Options in the Kitchen

Even though we've been stripping wallpaper in the bathroom; the kitchen has been on my mind lately since I've set up a little coffee bar. 

Here is the current state of the space... plaid wallpaper, patterned paper and fruit wall border -- all of which will need to go. 


We plan to paint the kitchen cabinets white and the floors are a light, warm oak -- very similar to the wood blinds shown here. Overall, this home is pretty traditional in style and since I like to collect vintage items {like the floral curtains shown above}, I want to keep the paint colors and some of our finishes fairly modern. I think that combination will keep the home from feeling too traditional.

So, I'd love to get your input on a few things. First up, the paint color in the kitchen and coffee bar area. 

Option #1: Light Gray


Option #2: Gray


Option #3: Charcoal


And here they are all side-by-side.


Which option do you like best? {If you are viewing this post by email, or a blog reader, you may not be able to see the survey, click here to view the web version}.

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

I'd also like your help feedback on fabric choices. Currently I have a basic white tablecloth over this not-so-special table that we're using as a coffee bar. I'm considering re-finishing the top and giving it a tailored table skirt. The look of mixing fabrics has always appealed to me but I have a hard time executing on that. Soooo.... here are two fabric 'concepts' -- though not necessarily with the final fabric choices. 

Option #1 

I've had this large scale black and white patterned fabric on hand for awhile and love it. Since the curtains are small scale and floral, a large scale modern graphic print seems like a logical mix of patterns.


Option #2 

Or... I could stick to a safer and simple option with a solid skirt, similar to the current tablecloth situation.

So, what is your choice? {If you are viewing this post by email, or a blog reader, you may not be able to see the survey, click here to view the web version}.

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

If you have time, I'd love to hear the "why" behind your choices in the comment section below. If you've never commented on a blog post, you don't even need a username -- just choose "Anonymous" from the drop down menu next to Comment as:

Thanks so much for your input!! Erica will be back on Friday with some Weekend Inspiration and we should have a special weekend post coming up this Saturday. See you then!

If you enjoyed this post, we would love for you to subscribe to our email list.


Labels:

   ( ) read more " " read more " "