Living Room Details

Can you believe we are almost halfway into September? The last several months have gone by so fast. We have made some progress on a house we may be buying, as well as the one we are selling -- but it's still a little bit too early for me to share any details.

On Monday, I kicked off a series called Home For Sale, to document our journey trying to sell our house by owner. It's truly sharing the "journey" because we don't even know the end result yet! In the meantime, I've shared our Home Tour and I want to fill you in on some more details before I get focused on our new place.

A few weeks ago Mike and I shared our window seat {Part 1 & Part 2} which, along with the built-in bookshelves, is a focal point in our living room. You've also seen our "Photo" Travel Map so I thought it was time to share the rest of the space.

Mike's been to Africa four times, and I've traveled there once as well. We have a lot of keepsakes from those trips and love, love, love pretty maps -- so you'll see some of each scattered around this space.


Of course, many of those souvenirs find their home in our bookshelves {check out the before, here}.


Our books are sorted by color, so every color of the rainbow is in this room. However, blues and greens {always my favorites} pop up more around the space.

In addition to displaying the keepsakes from our travels and books, our built-ins also double as toy storage, too.


Forget diamonds -- for me, baskets are a girl's best friend! You might remember from the window seat post, it packs plenty of hidden storage too. My mom hand-pieced and quilted the Kentucky Pillow as a gift for us last Christmas.



The living room is where I typically will drink my morning coffee, while I catch up on emails or read blogs. An antique school desk serves as our side table.

To add a little more impromptu seating and serve as a footstool, we leave a floor cushion underneath our wing back chair.


During the winter I love sitting in here by the fireplace, though we haven't used it nearly as often as we'd like. The mantle displays one of my favorite photos of Mike, taken on our Wedding Day, as well as beautiful handmade fabric map from Mali.



Another spot that we display memories is our Travel Map. Black and white canvases highlight some of our favorite vacations.




I hope you enjoyed seeing a closer peak into our living room! It's been a special place for us over the 5 years we've lived here -- holding all of our Christmas Trees... it's where we've celebrated birthdays and New Years parties with our friends... and enjoyed lots of special first moments with our little one.

Moments like this...

How is your living room meaningful to your family?


Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.


Subscribe to our blog posts via RSS Feed , Bloglovin’ or Email.

Places I Link Up:  Thrifty Decor Chick, OPC Before & After DIY Contest, Organize It Link Party,
Sunday- Silver Pennies Sunday, Frugal Crafty Home, That DIY Party, The Sunday Showcase
Suburbs Mama Sunday Link Party,
Monday- Give Me the Goods Monday, Monday Funday, Tutorials & Tips Link Party,
The DIYers,
Tuesday- 
Sparkle Link Party, One Project at a Time,
Wednesday-  Show & Tell, A Little Bird Told Me Link Party
, Work it Wednesday, Two Girls and a Party,
Thursday- Transformation Thursday, The Inspiration Gallery, Inspire Me Please
Friday-
Remodelaholic, Friday's Five Features, Craft Frenzy Friday
Saturday- Share Your Creativity

Labels: , , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "