Two Golden Ducks

You should be singing the title of this blog post to the tune of Five Golden Rings from the "12 Days of Christmas."


Several years ago {yes, years} I bought some unfinished wooden ducks at a craft store {Michael's... I think...}. I loved their shape and thought I might paint them white at the time. Well fast forward to last week -- they were still in this unfinished state.


I've used Martha Stewart metallic paint once before to embelish a suitcase and it worked well. But I wasn't sure how well it would do for a full coverage effect. I thought I might need to come back with some Rub 'n Buff  to give it that realistic golden look.


That wasn't the case though -- two coats of the craft paint and the little ducks were  as gold as new. ;)

Now, I love a cute decorative item. And I restrain myself often from buying cute decorative items because:
  1. they aren't functional / don't serve a purpose
  2. I'll have to find a surface on which to place them. 
So you have to be a pretty perfect decorative item to make it into my shopping bag nowadays...

...unless -- you are cute AND functional. Then you are a for-sure winner. This is why I can never pass up a pretty basket.


As I was sorting through some jewelry the other night, these ducks found their new purpose -- on my dresser, keeping my bracelets close at hand.

I had been looking for ways to display some of my jewelry. If I don't have it out in plain sight, I just won't wear it. So, I'm quite excited about this little solution.


So what does this mean for you? Maybe you didn't buy some wooden ducks 4 years ago {I don't know why you wouldn't have...}. A giraffe's neck, an elephant's trunk, a fox's tail -- think about these cute little animal trinkets outside the box. You could use them for plenty more than jewelry... like for rubberbands in your office or hair ties in your bathroom.

Do you have anything laying around -- ready for a makeover and a new purpose?

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.


Subscribe to our blog posts via RSS Feed , Bloglovin’ or Email.

Places I Link Up: Thrifty Decor Chick, Organize It Link Party, Get Your DIY On
Sunday- Silver Pennies Sunday, Frugal Crafty Home, That DIY Party, The Sunday Showcase
Suburbs Mama Sunday Link Party,
Monday- Give Me the Goods Monday, Monday Funday, Tutorials & Tips Link Party,

Tuesday- 
Sparkle Link Party, One Project at a Time,
Wednesday-  Show & Tell, A Little Bird Told Me Link Party
, Work it Wednesday, Two Girls and a Party,
Thursday- Transformation Thursday, The Inspiration Gallery, Inspire Me Please
Friday-
Remodelaholic, Friday's Five Features, Craft Frenzy Friday
Saturday- Share Your Creativity

Labels: , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "