Clay Handprint Ornament

So, how many of you already have your Christmas tree packed up? Ours is still up - I love having a Christmas Tree up and like to enjoy it a couple weeks into January.

One little ornament hanging on our tree is this gift that I made for Mike. It was one of his Christmas gifts, so I couldn't share it before Christmas.


I've been making a lot out of clay lately {like this chalkboard and these number tags} but this might be my favorite little craft.

Using Sculpey Clay clay, I rolled out a little rectangle that was slightly larger than my son's hand. We pressed his hand down into the clay, poked two holes into the top of the rectangle and added the date with some number stamps similar to these. After it baked for about 25 minutes, I felt like his little hand print wasn't showing up enough and used some silver Rub n'Buff to make it shine.


The little guy and I finished it off with a piece of scrap yarn for hanging, wrapped it and stuck it under the tree for Daddy.

If you'd like to see detailed instructions on how to use the clay, head over to my clay chalkboard post.


It was a special gift for Christmas morning but would also be great for a parent or grandparent on any special occasion. I know we'll cherish this sweet little ornament for a long time.

So, is your Christmas tree still up? What special ornaments do you have hanging on that tree?

Get more gift ideas by clicking here!


Labels: , , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "